Monday 16 September 2013

FEATURE: The Hardest Game Ever Made - Dragon's Lair [NES]

In my own opinion, no game is as difficult as Dragon's Lair on the NES, sure the graphics look actually really impressive for an 8-bit title, but don't let that fool you - this game is insanely difficult

Every little thing is out to kill you, even wooden doors. Yep, wooden doors can kill you.

To demonstrate just how difficult of a game this is, I decided to go out of my way to make a gameplay with commentary demonstrating what I hate about the game and why I'll never be able to finish it, not without cheat codes at least. Enough of my ramblings, now you can listen to my whining on this god awful game below.

May have to turn your speakers up high.

If you have finished Dragon's Lair, please leave a comment or a video response. Feature1

12 comments:

  1. Nice really enjoyed the commentary, you should defiantly do more of these. I think the big G gave you 1 gold lol why have a big G just for 1 gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's what I thought, I wonder if you can use the gold to buy better items later on. Probably not though haha....

      Delete
  2. Barely made it into the first room in the castle lol. The game don't fuck around. It does not want anyone to win. It's a trashy and poorly designed game, but still fun in a nostalgic way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so bad it's probably just worth playing once or twice just to say you've actually played it. There's a Dragon's Lair II on the arcade - I wonder what that is like.

      Delete
  3. I think the only issue was the sound quality... I feel you commentated really well and kept a good flow (sometimes hard to achieve).

    I also think actually being able to play games to a good standard adds a lot to the video... even if it is an impossible game.

    Overall; you have something going here, keep it up, yo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I'm disappointed in how quiet the sound turned out, I adjusted the sound level to max too. Definitely will fix that in the future.

      Delete
  4. The commentary was great, I might even give it a go myself Son

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might have no hair left after you're through with this game, it's extremely annoying.

      Delete
  5. Never played it. Never want to haha. Great video.

    ReplyDelete