Thursday 12 September 2013

FEATURE: Let's Play: Pacman [NES] & Let's Play: Barker Bill's Trick Shooting [NES]

Gaming Till Dawn plays through one of the most well-known games ever as well as a lightgun NES game...


Pacman is what it is - a brilliant classic video game that is always entertaining once in a while, the NES port is my favourite of the earlier ports of the game, the Atari 2600 version is playable and it's fun but the NES port flows much more and feels a lot like the original arcade code in my opinion.

I always have this memory from high school where I would play a flash version of Pacman constantly, this was for various reasons; 1. I was extremely bored and 2. I wanted to beat all of the scores from fellow classmates, in the end I got caught and was banned from using the computers for a few weeks, either way enough of that, the gameplay can be seen below.


Onto the next game...


Secondly, we have Barker Bill's Trick Shooting - there are quite a few light gun games on the NES, I'm sure you're familiar with the likes of Duck Hunt, but Trick Shooting is my favourite. 

It's not the most difficult game in the world, but it's a lot of fun, there are three main game modes to choose from, each have very similar objectives - to shoot the objects before they leave the screen to gain maximum points, every so often they'll be a bonus target such as a giant shiny diamond, which awards you an extra life.

There is a mode that let's you play all three modes in a row, I imagine this is to see how big of a score you can get through the entire game.  Feature1

No comments:

Post a Comment