Thursday 15 August 2013

FEATURE: Keeping Halo 2 Alive!


Halo 2 has played a massive part in my social gaming life, it was one of the first multiplayer games I truly got into, and it is something that has a special place in my heart. When I found out in April 2010 the servers were going to be shut down for good, I was devastated. My all-time favourite online game would no longer be available to play, I know most people will say oh it's only a game but I was genuinely really sad about this.

That was until I found out the game would be released as part of the Games for Windows scheme, but I didn't have the appropriate specifications on my system, so again - pure disappointment. However, since then I have been able to install it on a better system, and it runs perfectly. When I plugged in my Xbox 360 controller, it felt just like the original Xbox version, and I was playing online constantly, having so much fun and relishing in the fact I can play Halo 2 yet again without any of that annoying Xbox Connect nonsense. 

It was reported that the PC servers would also be shut down in June 2013, which made me feel the same anger and disappointment I felt with the original servers, however they are still online and a big part of that is the support of the community, who have contacted 343 Industries themselves in order to keep the servers online, and being a part of a community like that makes me feel good as not only a gamer but part of a team that loves Halo 2 and wants to play it for many more years to come.

So, what am I actually getting at here? I'd like you to help me along with many others to keep Halo 2 going, to do this simply buy the game or download it legally (wink wink), and come play with the community, it is generally cheap to buy either way. From personal experience, I had massive problems with the downloaded version, so I would advise to just buy the disc instead, much easier and less hassle that way. 

You do need an Xbox LIVE account but it doesn't have to be gold, you can play Halo 2 PC for free which is something I really appreciate since I don't have gold any more. If you decide to join the community, please leave your GamerTag in the comments below and I'll be happy to add you and we'll run some games together. Don't hesitate to check out my YouTube channel with a ton of clips and gameplay HERE

Join for forum that helped keep Halo 2 PC alive HERE, really great community with a lot of passion for the game still. Feature1

No comments:

Post a Comment