Monday 17 March 2014

NEWS: Koji Igarashi Leaves Konami

Castlevania producer has decided to leave Konami in search of more creative freedom.


Koji Igarashi, famously known for his works within the Castlevania franchise, has decided to disband from the company as he wants to start his own small studio in order to achieve a sense of freedom in making other video-games.

Igarashi has sent out a letter describing why he has made the decision to leave Konami:

"I've decided to break out on my own to have the freedom to make the kind of games I really want to make - the same kind I think fans of my past games want as well."

"Leaving Konami was a big decision, and not one I took lightly - I've spent my entire career there, made many friends, and had a lot of great opportunities - but I hope all the gamers and fans who have supported me in the past will join me in being excited about what comes next. Wish me luck!"

Notable works of Igarashi include Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, among others. His last day working for Konami was March 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment