Tuesday 10 December 2013

FEATURE: The Games I'm Currently Playing - Volume 6!

Continuing the battle against unfinished games from the past, here's volume 6 of the games I'm currently playing.


Far Cry 3
System: PlayStation 3


This has been on my PS3's hard drive for quite a few months now, and I've since finally got the chance to properly get into it and I'm so glad I did. Initially, I thought this would be a glorified open-world game filled with simple fetch quests, but to my surprise its full of variety and missions that are extremely fun and genuinely enjoyable to do.

It's a bit awkward as I'm in the process of writing a review so I can't actually say too much about what I think of the game as it will be in the upcoming review, but I can safely say this has to be one of the most satisfying game I've played in recent years.

I'm roughly 30% into the overall completion and I often find myself not wanting to come off it, which has lead to numerous late night sessions. Fantastic game - definitely recommend playing it if you haven't already, its really cheap these days, especially pre-owned.

Left 4 Dead 2
System: PC/Steam


I bought this during Steam's Autumn sale that took place last month, I absolutely adored the first Left 4 Dead so at a price of £3.24, I simply had to buy this. To be honest, I'm not sure why I didn't buy it when it originally came out a few years back. Either way, I have it now and it's just an immense amount of fun.

Playing with friends is definitely the best way to fight hordes of blood thirsty Zombies, there's something about playing with the A.I. controlled allies that takes the fun out of it, this is mainly due to the A.I. being incredibly stupid most of the time.

I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of content, included are all the levels from the first Left 4 Dead, bringing back brilliant memories. If you want to play, my Steam account is 'KeyranSolo' - let's kill some Zombies!

Quackshot Starring Donald Duck
System: MegaDrive/Genesis


With Castle of Illusion taking the spotlight back in the 90s, this game was easy to dismiss, and it wasn't until recently I actually discovered this gem through a friend of mine. 

After initially playing, I thought this would be your run of the mill 2D platformer, however there's quite a bit more to it than that - collecting certain items to get into previously locked areas for example.

Its a nice addition and adds a unique sense of gameplay, which might not seem like anything special today but I imagine playing this when it was first released would've been a brilliant experience, so I'm just glad I got my hands on it finally. If you have a MegaDrive/Genesis, you should definitely check this out.
Feature1

No comments:

Post a Comment