Saturday 12 November 2011

FEATURE: The Games I'm Currently Playing - Volume 1!

Games include the 1992 SNES game Pocky & Rocky right up to the recently released Skyrim.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
System: PlayStation 3


I think this is on everyone's "now playing" list, picked it up yesterday on launch, got home equipped with energy drinks to keep me awake (I previously had 3 hours sleep the night before) and started playing the hell out of this game.

I've nearly clocked 12 hours in-game time, and in just that short amount of time, I've managed to do a lot of stuff that isn't even to do with the main quests at all - the sheer scope of this game is absolutely astonishing and I don't believe any game can beat it any time soon...unless Elder Scrolls VI came out tomorrow.

Like previous Elder Scrolls titles, the sense of freedom you get after the initial opening story sequence is immense and over-whelming; I sat there in my chair just wondering what should I do? - pursue the main quest, go in any direction of the world and see what happens, seek out side-quests, join a guild, and so on, there's just so many options, it's hard to never not do anything.

In the first 12 hours played, I've felt like I was in this massive immersive world with limitless things to do and I can't wait to play more tonight! I will be writing a full review once I've clocked at least 50 hours as I want a thorough review.

Resistance 3
System: PlayStation 3


In between my massive Skyrim sessions, I am finding myself playing Resistance 3 for the multiplayer, it's a nice break and relatively fun, when I popped in the disc, there was quite a large update for the game and it was definitely for the best

Online multiplayer has been updated quite a bit, there are maps that I've never played before in it, the experience system is a lot more generous now (I levelled up almost 3 times in one match), and something just feels generally better about the flow of the gameplay. Either way, I like it. A lot. 

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
System: PlayStation 3


I have actually finished this game recently, still a little confused about the ending cut-scene after the credits but I'll figure it out I'm sure.

However, I am still playing this game - I want to go back to each episode and collect any missing gems, weapon upgrades, etc that I missed the first time through, there are a lot of trials that need finishing too. 


Ratchet & Clank
System: PlayStation 2


I finally found a copy of this in a used-item shop for just 99p - an absolute bargain for such a classic (thank God these types of shops don't know how to price games properly).

I had always played this at a friends when it was first out (2002, maybe?) but never got around to actually finishing it so I decided for a game this cheap I can't go wrong, I'm about half way through it and I'm having a lot of fun - the game has aged very well with gameplay that flows perfectly.

Pocky & Rocky
System: Super Nintendo Entertainment System


This is actually a game that's part of my "SNES Alphabet-A-Thon" that I'm doing with a friend on Backloggery, in which we take turns picking a letter, choosing the game with that letter and then completing the game, then continuing onto the next letter.

Either way, this was his turn to choose and he chose a strange, yet very fun game - I'm currently only at the 2nd stage, and actually having problems getting past it, but I'm sure I'll persevere eventually. Definitely need to make time to carry on with this. Feature1

No comments:

Post a Comment